What are cookies?
Cookies are files or pieces of information that are downloaded to the browser directory of the User’s computer when they visit a website. Among other functions, they allow to store and recover information about the browser habits of a User or their computer.
What do cookies do?
Cookies do not identify the User’s personal information, they collect neutral data. They are tools that are used by websites to improve User browsing, allowing data to securely travel through the network and helping to identify the most useful information from a websites or to know what offers may be of interest to each User.
How long do cookies last?
There are two types of cookies:
- Session cookies are erased when the User leaves the website or closes the browser, i.e., they remain during the visit. They are erased when the device is turned off.
- Persistent cookies expire when they have achieved the objective they were created for or when they are manually deleted. All persistent cookies have an automatic deletion date and are normally used in online shopping processes, customisation, or registration, so that Users do not have to constantly enter their password.
- Technical: They are necessary in order for Users to be able to browse our website correctly and access all parts of the website without problems.
- Analysis: These cookies allow us to understand how the User browses the website, see what works and what does not work, improve website usability, and calculate the number of people visiting our website in order to improve the offered services. This information is anonymous and is only necessary for statistical purposes.
- Advertising: These cookies allow us to analyse User preferences on the website in order to be able to show them adverts that are related to the said preferences.
At the following link Users can find a table that provides all the necessary information regarding the cookies used www.bufetepla.es:
|Session / Persistent
|Own / Third-party
|Allows control of the User’s session. Necessary for browsing and proper functioning of the website.
|Allows to store information relating to each visit to the website and activate the basic functions of the website.
|Allows to view maps via Google Maps.
How can I disable cookies in my browser?
Below are some links where the process to disable cookies is explained for the most used browsers: